1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Probably a bunch of things but most remarkably would be the fact that I started interning in a high school, as a guidance counselor. There are days, more and more now, where I stop what I’m doing and think “woah, I’m doing it. I’m guidance counseling.” I also was somebody’s maid of honor for the first time. It was beautiful and stressful and fun and I was totally honored.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Sort of…. I resolve to blog every day, gym once a week, and attempt to keep my car clean. Maybe. Kind of.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, not yet and we’re quite happy about this thank you.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No immediate blood relatives but people I knew peripherally passed away and it was strange and sad. I don’t really even know what to say about it other than the circle of life kind of sucks sometimes.
5. What countries did you visit?
Nowhere outside of the US sadly, but I’m hoping to take an international trip in 2014.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Professional confidence. Clear skin for the love of Matt Damon and all that is holy. This was my answer last year and unfortunately it seems to be true this year again. Le sigh.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The whole year was honestly pretty memorable..
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I stopped biting my nails! And I got a 4.0 at least one semester!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Two parking tickets. UGH TWO!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Noro. Virus. Sickest I can remember being in a very long time.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tervis Coffee Mug. HMM. My life sounds exciting doesn’t it? Also I’m super broke so if I can’t think of anything cool that I bought wtf did I buy?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Maverick without question. My heart, my support, my champion.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled? Probably all the teenagers I interact with on a daily basis who still cannot manage to say please or thank you. I will teach em before the year is out.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Textbooks and car insurance and food. I buy a lot of groceries.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting an internship! Taking a trip to California and driving up the west coast with Mav.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Probably fatter since I’ve made it to the gym an average of like 7 times.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, getting poorer every year. Grad school is miserable for the finances.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Flossed. Gone to the gym. Trusted the universe.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried. HA. This blog’s title remains timeless.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Maverick’s family, eating cookies and opening my very own stocking and seeing real stars in the sky and letting my heart be the lightest of light!
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I just keep falling and falling.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Homeland by a landslide. Mav and I just started and I am obsessed!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Actually, no. And it feels strange to write that, but honestly I don’t.
24. What was the best book you read?
Well here’s something embarrassing! I only ready one novel this year. It was fine but not the best book. Grad school is not good for pleasure reading either.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sight of the Sun by FUN.
26. What did you want and get?
Jewelry and perfume and all things girly! A new winter coat! A food processor oh my lord a food processor.
27. What did you want and not get?
I want for nothing these days.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Way Way Back or the Spectacular Now. Both were awesome. Both were coming of age stories, of course.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 and I went on a fabulous vacation to Provincetown with Mav!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Seeing Maverick every day (I know I’m gross I’m sorry I’m just so obsessed!), going to the gym more often, making more money, volunteering more.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
32. What kept you sane?
A feeling of positive, forward momentum in my life. And my frands.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Matt Damonnnnnn Matt Damonnn Matt. Damon. Forever and ever amen.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
“AFFLUENZA.” Give me a break.
35. Who did you miss?
Talia who moved to LA and is entirely too far away.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Max and Leona, more grad school peeps!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
You have to speak up and say what you mean if you wanna get what you want.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don’t gamble, but if I did I would bet on us
Like the Dead Sea
You told me I was like the Dead Sea
You’ll never sink when you are with me
Oh Lord, like the Dead Sea
Whoa, I’m like the Dead Sea
The finest words you ever said to me
Honey can’t you see,
I was born to be, be your Dead Sea